The 4th edition of agrofood West Africa on 05 - 07 December 2017 in Accra featuring a record participation from 20 countries
Clear upward trend: Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal are the largest importers of finished food and agricultural and food processing and packaging technology in West Africa – apart from Nigeria
Country pavilions from Algeria, France, Netherlands, Poland and Sri Lanka
The West African economy is on the upswing and the organisers of agrofood West Africa 2017 and its partner event plastprintpack West Africa 2017 announce many good news around this event.
Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal are the largest importers of finished food as well as of agricultural and food processing and packaging technology in West Africa – apart from Nigeria. So it comes as no surprise that a record number of from 20 countries as well as country pavilions from Algeria, France, Netherlands, Poland and Sri Lanka have confirmed their participation.
Figures of WTO and VDMA indicate a clear upward trend for West Africa’s agrofood industry
- West African food imports increased to 14.4. billion US$ in 2015 compared to 13.1 billion US$ in 2014, a plus of 10% (WTO World Trade Organization)
- West African imports of agricultural machinery and equipment amounted to 187 million euro in 2016 (German Engineering Federation VDMA)
- West African imports of food processing and packaging technology increased from 506 million euro in 2015 to 556 million euro in 2016 (VDMA), up 10%.
The figures of rising food imports show that the largest food market in Africa is still undersupplied.
Rising technology imports however confirm massive investments in processing and packaging equipment and indicate a revival of local food production and an extremely promising medium-term development.
It is on this backdrop that the German trade fair specialists fairtrade Messe announce the 4th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa to open its gates on 05 to 07 December 2017 at the Accra International Conference Centre in Ghana.
Exhibitors from 20 countries and 5 national pavilions participate at agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2017
Exhibitors from not less than 20 countries have registered at agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2017. They come from Algeria, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Iran, Italy, The Netherlands, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
In addition to many global players, 5 national pavilions participate from:
- Algeria showcasing Algerian food specialties
- France, organized by adepta - the French agrofood association offering French know-how and technology for agriculture, livestock and agrofood production of 8 French exhibitors
- The Netherlands under the motto “Holland-Ghana Growing together” offering seeds, plants, processed foods and tissue culture supplies
- Poland, supported by the Marshal Office of the Wielkopolska Region, displaying agrofood products and equipment by 12 Polish exhibitors
- Sri Lanka Tea Board with 5 exhibitors offering Ceylon Tea
Visitors recommended to pre-register online
Admission to the event is free of charge for visitors. The organiser recommends visitors to pre-register online in order to avoid queues and to secure themselves a free, fast track entry to the exhibition, a personal visitor badge and a complimentary copy of the official show catalogue.
Full exhibition service
For exhibitors and visitors alike, the organisers have also arranged: