The 6th agrofood West Africa all set for growth in 2019
West African imports of food processing and packaging technology amounts to 523 million Euro
Food imports of US$16.19 billion to West Africa
Country pavilions from China, France, Germany, Netherlands and Turkey
Based on upbeat market developments, the 6th edition of agrofood West Africa 2019 is all set for growth.
The Economic Community of West African States ECOWAS is a regional economic union of fifteen countries, namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The union was established in 1975 in Lagos to promote economic integration across the region. The goal of ECOWAS is to create a single large trading bloc by building a full economic and trading union.
With 388 million inhabitants, West Africa is Africa’s most populous region and one of the most populous regions in the world. West Africa’s GDP is expected to grow from US$563 billion in 2017 to US$585 billion in 2018 and US$610 billion in 2019.
The 6th agrofood West Africa in 2019 featuring five country pavilions
All these are excellent pre-conditions for agrofood West Africa 2019, once again organised by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe.
Together with its partner event plastprintpack West Africa the show is scheduled for 19 to 21 November 2019 at the Accra International Conference Centre. agrofood West Africa covers the entire value chain, from field to fork, consisting of the three sub-brands
agrofood is West Africa’s 6th international trade show on agriculture, food processing & packaging, ingredients, bakery & confectionery and food & hospitality.
The 2019 event features five official country pavilions, namely from China, Germany, France, Netherlands and Turkey.
In connection with a strong institutional support both in West Africa and internationally as well as an excellent conference program a successful show is guaranteed.
agro AgroTech West Africa 2019
fairtrade and DLG enter into strategic partnership
Since 2013 agro West Africa has been organized by fairtrade as part of agrofood West Africa. Now DLG German Agricultural Society enters into strategic partnership with fairtrade and brings in its agro and trade fair expertise by introducing its AgroTech brand to the agro event of fairtrade’s agrofood trade show. The focus of the cooperation lies on agricultural technology, animal production, flori- and horticulture and hot-house technology. Organisers of the world’s No. 1 trade shows Agritechnica and Eurotier, DLG is the global leader in professional trade fairs in the fields of agricultural engineering, crop production, animal production and bioenergy.
food + bev tec West Africa 2019
West African imports of food processing and packaging technology amount to 523 million Euro
With 523 million Euro West Africa imports more food and beverage technology than any other region in Sub-Sahara Africa. See figures of VDMA German Engineering Federation.
food + hospitality West Africa 2019
Food imports of US$ 16.19 billion to West Africa - largest foodstuff market in Sub-Sahara Africa
West Africa, with its 388 million inhabitants, is the largest food market in Sub-Saharan Africa. Food trade with West Africa is a US$30.33 billion business, with food imports into West Africa amounting to US$16.19 billion in 2017 (up 25.7% after US$12.88 billion in 2016) and food exports of US$14.14 billion, also in 2017 (WTO).
3-day conference program
agrofood West Africa 2019 will again be supplemented by a 3-day program full of presentations and conferences. See program 2018.
Strong institutional support
agrofood West Africa 2019 enjoys the strong support of the following West African and international institutions:
- adepta French Agrofood Technology Association
- AHK Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana
- DLG German Agricultural Society
- Embassies of France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey to Ghana
- Ghana - Ministry of Trade and Industry
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Hortifresh by the Netherlands Government
- Poland - Marshal Office of the Wielkopolska Region
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
Review of the successful 2018 edition
agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2018 saw 1,461 trade visitors discussing their business with 80 exhibitors. 93% of visitors were completely or partially satisfied with the quality of the business contacts, 88% recommend the fair. Thousands of B2B meetings created high satisfaction rates among exhibitors and visitors:
- According to the agrofood West Africa 2018 exhibitor survey 90% of the exhibitors were satisfied with the services provided by the organisers, 86% intend to participate again, 80% recommend the event and 77% are satisfied or even very satisfied with the trade show as a whole.
- Visitors were similarly positive about the event, the analysis being based on a response rate of as much as 20% of visitors: 93% of visitors were completely or partially satisfied with the quality of the business contacts, 88% recommend the fair. 94% of the visitors recommend the show and 75% plan to invest over the next 12 months.