The 6th agrofood West Africa 2019 with record-setting eight official national pavilions
Based on upbeat market developments, the 6th edition of agrofood West Africa 2019 is all set for growth.
Once again organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe, West Africa’s 6th International Trade Show on Agriculture, Food Processing & Packaging, Ingredients, Bakery & Confectionery and Food & Hospitality takes place on 10 to 12 December 2019 at the Accra International Conference Centre, together with its partner event plastprintpack West Africa.
The 2019 event features record-setting eight official country pavilions
- Sri Lanka
In connection with a strong institutional support both in West Africa and internationally as well as an excellent conference program a successful show is guaranteed.
Strong institutional support
agrofood West Africa 2019 enjoys the support of the following institutions:
- AHK Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana
- DLG German Agricultural Society
- Embassies of France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey to Ghana
- Flanders Investment & Trade
- Ghana - Ministry of Trade and Industry
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Hortifresh by the Netherlands Government
- Morocco Foodex
- Sri Lanka Tea Board
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
3-day conference program
agrofood West Africa 2019 will again be supplemented by a 3-day program full of presentations and conferences. See program 2018.
agrofood West Africa covers the entire value chain, from field to fork, consisting of the three sub-brands
agro AgroTech West Africa 2019
fairtrade and DLG enter into strategic partnership
Since 2013 agro West Africa has been organized by fairtrade as part of agrofood West Africa. Now DLG German Agricultural Society enters into strategic partnership with fairtrade and brings in its agro and trade fair expertise by introducing its AgroTech brand to the agro event of fairtrade’s agrofood trade show. The focus of the cooperation lies on agricultural technology, animal production, flori- and horticulture and hot-house technology. Organisers of the world’s No. 1 trade shows Agritechnica and Eurotier, DLG is the global leader in professional trade fairs in the fields of agricultural engineering, crop production, animal production and bioenergy.
food + bev tec West Africa 2019
West African imports of food processing and packaging technology amount to 523 million Euro
With 523 million Euro West Africa imports more food and beverage technology than any other region in Sub-Sahara Africa. See figures of VDMA German Engineering Federation.
food + hospitality West Africa 2019
Food imports of US$ 16.19 billion to West Africa - largest foodstuff market in Sub-Sahara Africa
West Africa, with its 388 million inhabitants, is the largest food market in Sub-Saharan Africa. Food trade with West Africa is a US$30.33 billion business, with food imports into West Africa amounting to US$16.19 billion in 2017 (up 25.7% after US$12.88 billion in 2016) and food exports of US$14.14 billion, also in 2017 (WTO).
Facts on the Economic Community of West African States ECOWAS
The Economic Community of West African States ECOWAS is a regional economic union of fifteen countries, namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The union was established in 1975 in Lagos to promote economic integration across the region. The goal of ECOWAS is to create a single large trading bloc by building a full economic and trading union.
With 388 million inhabitants, West Africa is Africa’s most populous region and one of the most populous regions in the world. West Africa’s GDP is expected to grow from US$563 billion in 2017 to US$585 billion in 2018 and US$610 billion in 2019.
Review of the successful 2018 edition
agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2018 saw 1,461 trade visitors discussing their business with 80 exhibitors. 93% of visitors were completely or partially satisfied with the quality of the business contacts, 88% recommend the fair. Thousands of B2B meetings created high satisfaction rates among exhibitors and visitors:
- According to the agrofood West Africa 2018 exhibitor survey 90% of the exhibitors were satisfied with the services provided by the organisers, 86% intend to participate again, 80% recommend the event and 77% are satisfied or even very satisfied with the trade show as a whole.
- Visitors were similarly positive about the event, the analysis being based on a response rate of as much as 20% of visitors: 93% of visitors were completely or partially satisfied with the quality of the business contacts, 88% recommend the fair. 94% of the visitors recommend the show and 75% plan to invest over the next 12 months.