food + hospitality West Africa
The major platform for the growing food trade with West Africa
Food trade with West Africa: a 30.57 billion US Dollar business!
According to the World Trade Organization (WTO), in 2017, West African food imports amounted to US$ 16.19 billion and exports to US$ 14.38 billion. Thus food trade with West Africa is a 30.57 billion US Dollar business!
The figures comprise the West African states Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d‘Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
food + hospitality West Africa is being organized as the International Trade Show on Food, Beverages & Hospitality.
West African food imports (in billion US$ )
Food and beverages
- Dairy and milk products
- Meat and meat products
- Fish and seafood products
- Vegetables, fruits and dried fruits
- Groceries: pasta, rice, oils, fats, sugar, tea, coffee…
- Frozen food
- Canned food
- Bakery products, confectionery, biscuits, cookies and fine breads
- Sweets and chocolates
- Convenience food
- Speciality food
- Health/organic food
- Snacks and ice cream
- Beverages and drinks
- Food and drink ingredients
Hospitality, hotel, shop and catering equipment
- Foodservice equipment
- Catering technology
- Professional kitchen equipment
- Restaurant and bar equipment
- Hospitality information systems
- Retail technology, shop-fittings, product display
- Hotel supplies and services
- Vending and dispensing equipment